Cromwell Farms Pop Up Pork Sale and Auction. Thurs. July 17. NOON-4:20 pm – 191 Sheaffes Road Goonengerry. For more information visit cromwellfarms.com
- He would charge $200 per property to come out with his dog and do some sniffing around and set traps if appropriate. Note here that if some of the properties are adjoining we could probably reduce the charge from 5 properties to the equivalent of maybe 3.
- He will then come and check these traps every 3 days at $40/hour.
- Each kill is another charge of $200.
- Other potential charges; if any of his traps are damaged by landowners driving over them, $150. If he is called out in the middle of the night extra charge of $150 (as opposed to after 6am).
- It is clear that the owner has removed the trees to open up an extensive valley view. In the process, they have completely decimated the natural environment and koala habitat.
- I note that there was no traffic management at all in place during the works. Large trees were being removed less than 2m (on a steep embankment) from passing cars with no signage or traffic personnel in place
- Allowing the owner and the contractor to get away with this act of blatant vandalism will set a dangerous precedent for anyone in the area wishing to make illegal changes to their property in the interest of increasing property values. We urge all relevant bodies to act wherever they can.
If your tanks are running low and you need topping up it can sometimes be a challenge to find bulk water deliver in a hurry. Don’t bother trying to do a google search for “Bulk Water Goonengerry” because you will come up dry. A few white pages (yes it still exists) listings — but the phone numbers are disconnected.
Luckily my local knowledge runs deep and here are two very reliable suppliers of water delivery in Federal, Goonengerry and the Byron Hinterland.
Mobile 0412 910 405
Folks of the Byron Shire are you looking for someone to help you realise or get closer to your dream of living Green? Does that sound like you?
If it does you should have a look at what Matt Mooney is doing in and around the shire including asbestos removal.
Only in Goonengerry would you find a squad of local highly skilled professionals ready to take on any project on your property.
Yes any project as long as you are happy for us to tell our Mother’s what we are doing and it won’t upset the Byron Shire Council. Oh we won’t take on anything that our team thinks is not responsible to our environment and all the wonderful creatures that count on it. Our squad is fully insured, licensed and equipped to provide your home or property with the following services:
Only in Goonengerry?
We prefer to work close to home. Less time travelling and more time working. Luck for us Goonengerry is in the middle of nowhere but pretty close to everything in the Byron Shire. We are happy to take on projects in Federal, Rosebank and the Byron Hinterland.
For more information contact our Head Goon Kylie Coelli on
To the untrained eye goonengerry.com.au probably looks as it always has; however, there is more to the site now then meets the eye. Happy Days. The Goon is now running on the latest version of Word Press. Thanks to Jason Turnbull from Digiscape and Brad Baker from xyzulu for doing their geek magic.
More to come. This feels like and elephant or feather project in the making.
We need to lobby to get this accepted but more importantly we need to lobby to get this area widened.
The attached map shows the area of Goonengerry on display for exclusion.
This link will take you to the Dept Planning website with information about the exclusion area.
Goonengerry Landcare is proposing a public meeting at Goonengerry School
on to discuss a community submission and response in general.
Please spread the word to all Goonengerry residents.
Be Prepared for Fire Information talk
Saturday 19th October 2013
9.30 am Goonengerry Public School
How wildfire behaves
What is an Asset Protection Zone
Landscaping in an Asset Protection Zone
What is a Strategic Asset Protection Zone
The Big Picture for Goonengerry and environs
History of Bushfire in Goonengerry area
Identifying Bushfire Risks
What can we do to mitigate these risks
Surviving in a bush fire, how to get help
Catastrophic classification/evacuation procedures
Staging areas during evacuation
Question & Answer time