Wildlife Habitat for sale – 230 Mafeking Rd Goonengerry
Privately located in the Byron Hinterland, Habitat is a wildlife sanctuary of nearly 18 acres of lowland subtropical rainforest and wet sclerophyll forest bordering the secluded Tibian Creek tributary of Coopers Creek. It’s situated on a quiet country road, in a private setting and close to Nightcap and Goonengerry National Parks.
The beautiful 3/4 bedrooms plus loft, 2 bathrooms (spa) home has a majestic cathedral ceiling of hardwood shingles in the main dining / lounge area which open onto a large undercover veranda facing north and a deck overlooking the rainforest. A new kitchen with granite bench tops and stainless steel appliances makes this an appealing space. The generous master bedroom includes a walk in robe, en suite with spa and a double day bed. There is also a large 10×5 metre shed with sleeping loft, which makes a great workshop or studio (STCA) plus a double carport, established gardens and orchard.
- Nationally Significant & Critically Endangered ‘Big Scrub’ Remnant of Lowland Subtropical Rainforest
- 7.214 hectares (nearly 18 acres) of private wildlife sanctuary & cabinet timber wood-lot with vehicle access to tranquil private creek frontage
- Beautiful 3/4 bedroom, plus loft, 2 bathroom timber & steel home
- Mountain views, established gardens and orchard
- Large shed (10m x 5m) with sleeping loft (suitable for studio (STCA), double carport
A cabinet timber plantation (secured with right to harvest legislation), established 25 years ago has some timber ready to harvest – Hoop Pine, Silky Oak and Queensland Maple.
If you want to own and care take a Critically Endangered remnant of Lowland Subtropical Rainforest in a private setting yet within a short distance of amenities, this property is a must to inspect.